About

French Silver is a two person shop. Sisters, Alexia and Jennifer, work together to create everything by hand in their home workshops. This blog is a chance for them to show you a little bit of what goes on behind the scenes.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Surviving the Polar Vortex


Surviving the Polar Vortex


My furnace WOULD decide to break during a friggin' polar vortex!  It was 45 degrees downstairs this morning.  I've spent most of my life in Georgia, so surviving cold weather isn't something I'm used to doing.  Thankfully, our upstairs furnace is working, but downstairs feels like walking into a cooler.  I wised up today, bought another space heater, some of those 3 hour logs, a heated blanket and closed off the living room/kitchen area from the rest of the house.   I really need to work on my survival skills, though.  I'd be one of the first to go in an apocalypse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment