About

French Silver is a two person shop. Sisters, Alexia and Jennifer, work together to create everything by hand in their home workshops. This blog is a chance for them to show you a little bit of what goes on behind the scenes.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Behind the scenes

I've been working on getting some new products in my shop.  I like my products to have a farmhouse look, but also have a sense of humor.  This is my latest design:

The pillows that I've been making are time consuming, because I have to cut all the letters out individually so that the blank part of the heat transfer paper doesn't discolor the fabric.  I don't have to do this with the flour sack towels.  Sooo... my latest idea - make pillows out of the flour sack towels.  Here's my trial run.  I should have lined it, though.  The fabric is too thin and shows the fiber fill.  Back to the sewing machine.  

French Silver on Etsy



No comments:

Post a Comment