About

French Silver is a two person shop. Sisters, Alexia and Jennifer, work together to create everything by hand in their home workshops. This blog is a chance for them to show you a little bit of what goes on behind the scenes.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

DIY Faux Flower Arrangement



floral arrangement foam blocks
I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and got to thinking "peach hydrangeas would really tie the living room together."  I looked around in their floral department, but didn't love any of their faux arrangements.  They do, however, have pretty realistic looking floral stems that you can buy individually.  I have ABSOLUTELY NO experience with floral arrangements.  But I threw caution to the wind and decided to buy a bunch of flowers without looking at the price tags.  I was sweating a little thinking I about how much I was spending and I had no idea if I was going to be able to pull it off.  






Wire cutters
It ended up being pretty easy.  And I think it took me only like 5 minutes.

You will need:

- floral stems 
- wire cutters (scissors might work too)
- a container
- green foam floral blocks (water foam brick)
Step 1.

Cut the stems to the appropriate length (I would do this one at a time as you are placing them)

Step 2.

Stick those suckas down in the foam.  Start with your bigger, main flowers first.

I like things to be symmetrical, so I had three peach hydrangeas, one in the middle and two on each side.



bigger flowers

add in small, filler flowers


Step 3.

Now that you have your main flowers arranged, start filling in with the smaller flowers.
finished arrangement
project in progress - Valentine's Day themed mantel

No comments:

Post a Comment